Thank You

My time in Sao Paulo, Brazil has run its course. I have found myself telling people how these have been some of the best two months for me, professionally and personally. Over the last two months, I’ve written a lot about my work and personal, fun experiences in Sao Paulo but today, I simply want to share with you the PEOPLE that have made my stay a truly great experience:


Marriot Executive Stay Apartments Staff – Being away from home for an extended period of time is never easy, so thank you so much for all you did to make us feel at home. I honestly feel like none of my requests went unfulfilled. The service and the personal attention made me feel like I was staying at a Ritz or St. Regis. What the property may have lacked in amenities, the staff more than made up for in great service.

Aline – The first person I met at the welcome desk when I checked in late September.  Soft spoken and super kind.

Lucas – Always friendly. We talked about everything from restaurants, nightlife in Sao Paulo to U.S./Brazilian politics.

Alexandre – Always had a couple bottles of water waiting for me after my weekend morning runs and made sure I was able to cast my vote (he mailed my absentee ballot via fedex).


Carter – For some odd reason he was always the one who picked up the phone when I called the front desk. I felt like he always said either “yes” or “not a problem at all” even before I finished my random requests. Thank you!

Ana and Valmir – Ana and Valmir both work at Quench, the lobby restaurant. Ana went on vacation/leave about 1 month into our stay and Valmir picked up right where she left off. They were both very kind and warm. Most importantly, they had my favorite orders memorized.

Joselia and Andalisa –  Cleaned my room almost every day for seven weeks…Geez!!! I honestly would not wish that on anyone, but they did it with a smile, nonetheless.

  
Ernst & Young Brazil – Thank you for helping us deliver value to our Entrepreneurs. You all made sure we had the EY Brazil and SGM resources we needed during our entire stay, but even more than that, you were very gracious hosts.

SGM Team (Bea, Gui, Dri and Cari) – Thanks for hosting us at all the various events like the CEO Summit, Hotel Unique, the EY Office breakfast, and the Happy Hours. On a personal note, thank you for the city tours and connecting with our entrepreneurs.



Jorge Menegassi (CEO of EY South American Sub Area) – We kept him waiting for almost 30 minutes on our first day due to building security delays. He waited the entire time and spent every minute of that opening breakfast with us. As if that were not enough, he hosted us again during our final week to make sure our experience in Brazil was all we hoped it would be – this time we were 15 minutes early .  One of the more sincere and candid leaders I have met.

Pixel Labs – Thank you so much for accepting me as one of your own and allowing me the very rare opportunity to help you map out your bright and prosperous future. I wish the entire team the best of luck and I will be looking forward to seeing your products in a store near me.


  Daniel and Edgard (Co-founders of Pixel labs) – I really hope your dreams for Pixel/SkinBit come true

.
 Creso – My primary contact at Pixel, my Feijoada partner. Thank you so much for everything. 


Vivi and Guilherme – My partners is crime at Pixel. These two were responsible for helping me implement most of the work I did with Pixel. If I gained weight during my time here, it is Vivi’s fault. She was always bringing me all sorts of snacks, candies and acai after lunch. And once I start snacking, I usually cannot stop. I promise we will do Samba Rock next time I’m in SP :)

That's Vivi in the center



 Kalini – For two months, called me a cab to take me home from work.  Thank you my gringo friend.



Endeavor – It is amazing the impact you are having. PLEASE OPEN AN OFFICE IN NIGERIA.

Arthur Valado – My primary contact from Endeavor. He really helped me ring fence my project while I was out here to make sure my seven weeks counted. Great soccer player too. 


Ernst & Young LLP
Beth and Kristin – Thanks for everything and especially making sure we had access to everything we needed for both an incredible professional and personal experience. Super grateful.

My TAS and DAS colleagues – Thanks for giving as much of a clean break as one could have had so that I could really devote my attention to serving my entrepreneur here. I feel like I really lucked out.

Uma Datla – Simply put, you are/were the BEST CO-FELLOW EVER.

Thank you everyone for sharing my adventure with me.

Abraços
Onuwa Uzor

P.S. Big thanks also to JWebb & Brandi – You know what you did .


No comments:

Post a Comment