Marketing Collateral and Case Studies

October 9, 2012

I mentioned in an earlier post that Pixel Labs wanted to begin focusing on its core strengths and, as such, management is interested in immediately pursuing opportunities within this space. This week, in a meeting with Edgard Ortiz, co-founder of Pixel Labs, I asked if the company currently tracks how their products/solutions impact or change their client’s businesses. This type of information can be a powerful tool for informing prospective clients about the capabilities of Pixel products. The company does have this type of information for some of their products/solutions, however, to date, they have not used this information in a meaningful way. Over the course of our discussion, I offered to help review a list of projects completed over the past several years (especially those that fall within the company’s new strategic focus of the health and beauty industry) to see which products/solutions have been highly successful and can be marketed to similar customers within the same industry. 
In E&Y lingo (although Pixel falls into a different business model) we refer to these as High Value Repeatable Services (HVRS). In an effort to use my time here efficiently, I offered to develop some marketing collateral information (e.g. case studies) for the Pixel commercial team. I may be wrong, but I feel like this will help develop Pixel’s credentials as a credible and capable product development company. Additionally, this can be used as an educational tool for the sales team on the company’s capabilities and arm them with real examples of how Pixel products can change their prospective clients' businesses. I see this all the time at E&Y and it works! I know for a fact that not all marketing collateral information can guarantee sales, however, when done right, this material has the ability to get the attention of the decision makers at prospective client companies. I am of the camp that believes this information can get you the meeting that gives you the opportunity to close a sale.  Another item I have recommended is a post-sales process where account managers follow-up periodically with existing clients/customers to collect information on how Pixel’s products impact their businesses.  
Today I developed the first of three case studies that Pixel can leverage on future products, services or solutions. I plan to add two more during my time here. The management team thinks this will be very helpful. I hope it will  :) .





-

No comments:

Post a Comment