Me and my Thoughts

Those who know me well know that I find it very difficult not to think. My mind is always running - thinking, dreaming, worrying, wondering, hoping, etc. Around September of last year I started running each morning to help clear my mind. It seems to be working fairly well – 30 to 45 minutes of just me and my “not so many, thoughts.” I don’t think it’s a hobby yet, though. Initially, I ran everyday but now I tend to do it, on average, 3 to 4 times a week. One year later, I still dread waking up at 5:30am (6am when I hit snooze a couple of times) but it is something that I have found helps me shut down mentally for a little while and keeps me sane enough to function throughout the day. Running in Sao Paulo has been one of my favorite things about living in this very vibrant city. The contrast between the calm that exists at 6:30am, and the hustle and bustle that quickly ensues is fascinating to me. Below are some of my favorite sites for my morning runs.








I will try and post some pictures of the same sites just a couple of hours later.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the picture of the city by the pond/river/lake - reminds me of Central Park - and the one with the trees (or is that REALLY tall bamboo??) arching over the street. What a great way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete